WHERE WE ARE NOW
Ontario has enacted a Declaration of Emergency to help contain the spread of COVID-19 and protect the public. Our Agency is taking steps to protect the children, youth and families we serve, Alternative Caregivers, our staff and the public.
OUR AGENCY IS OPEN AND REACHABLE BY PHONE 24/7 TOLL FREE 1-844-523-2237. Call us for non-urgent matters and for urgent after hours please contact your local mainstream Children’s Aid Society.
KEY SOURCES OF INFORMATION
THE GOVERNMENT OF ONTARIO
CHIEFS OF ONTARIO COVID-19 SITE
METIS NATION OF ONTARIO COVID-19 SITE
THE CURRENT IMPACT ON OUR SERVICES
UPDATE – JULY 13, 2020
We continue to take direction and input from our Indigenous communities and are abiding by their individual COVID-19 safety measures. We are also following the Government of Ontario’s staged approach to opening our workplaces and increasing in-person services while ensuring all safety guidelines are in place as we progress. Local offices will be obeying the safety directions by their local public health agencies.
- We remain open to take all new child protection referrals or requests for assistance and support. We’re here to help. Call us Toll-Free at 844-523-2237.
- Our offices continue to be closed to the public. Appointments for some services, including Family Time, are being allowed with safety restrictions
- Prior to any direct contact persons will be screened using Public Health Guidelines.
- Staff who visit children, youth and families may be wearing personal protective equipment such as masks, gloves and more.
- Our staff are beginning to come back to the office on a rotational basis. Numbers will be limited. Health screenings, physical distancing, handwashing and sanitizing will be in force to keep staff safe.
- In addition to in-person services, our services include using phone and online platforms to maintain connections with those we serve and with those with whom we collaborate. This includes our Cultural Services team.
- We are working with families to try and find the best way to connect parents/caregivers with children and youth.
What to tell your children:
- Helping Children Cope with Stress During the COVID-19 Outbreak
- Child Friendly Explanation of COVID-19 – English | French
What to do at home:
- *NEW* Internet Safety Guide from our Agency
- Coronavirus Fact Sheet from the Assembly of First Nations – https://www.afn.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/CoronaVirus_Factsheet__NEW_ENG.pdf
- How to Wash Your Hands – English | French
- How to Use Hand Sanitizer – English | French
- What You Can Do to Keep Your Family Healthy – English | French
MORE PARENTING INFORMATION