Dnaagdawenmag Binnoojiiyag Child & Family Services is considered an essential service. As such, we continue to serve children, youth, families and communities. We have enhanced our health and safety protocols as well as modified certain services to protect and minimize risk to children, youth, and families we serve as well as our volunteers, alternative care providers and staff.
If you have child protection concerns, please call us at 1-844-523-2237. A full list of our services can be found here.
It is our responsibility to protect the cultural, physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual needs of children, youth, and families and we will do everything we can to fulfill our responsibility in a safe manner.
Update – January 2022
We continue to take direction and input from our member First Nations and are abiding by their individual COVID-19 safety measures. We are also following directions provided by the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services (MCCSS) and local offices continue to monitor health and safety recommendations put forth by local public health agencies.
- We remain open to take all new child protection concerns, referrals, and/or requests. We are here to help, please call us at 1-844-523-2237.
- Our offices remain closed to the public with the exception of scheduled Sàgìhidig Family Time which continues with enhanced health and safety protocols.
- Prior to any direct contact, all persons will be screened using Public Health Guidelines.
- Staff who visit children, youth and families will be wearing personal protective equipment such as masks, gloves and more.
- Handwashing and sanitizing is mandatory to keep staff safe.
In accordance with the Office of the Chief Medical Officer of Health, Dnaagdawenmag Binnoojiiyag Child & Family Services is requiring all employees, contractors, students, volunteers, alternative care providers and visitors, except those receiving services, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, inclusive of community partners visiting our offices, absent a valid medical exemption or other reasonable consideration pursuant to the
Human Rights Code of Ontario.
Please follow our Facebook page for Vaccine Clinic information within our communities.
What to tell your children
- Brox the Ox Pediatric Vaccine Information Sheet
- Helping Children Cope with Stress During the COVID-19 Outbreak
- Child-friendly Explanation of COVID-19 – English | French
What to do at home
- Internet Safety Guide
- Coronavirus Fact Sheet from the Assembly of First Nations
- Talking about COVID-19 with Children (graphics below)