The province of Ontario issued a Stay at Home Order effective January 14th, 2021 to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and protect the public.
Dnaagdawenmag Binnoojiiyag Child & Family Services is considered an essential service. As such, we continue to serve children, youth, families and communities. We have enhanced our health and safety protocols as well as modified certain services to protect and minimize risk to children, youth, and families we serve as well as our volunteers, alternative care providers and staff.
If you have child protection concerns, please call us at 1-844-523-2237. A full list of our services can be found here.
It is our responsibility to protect the cultural, physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual needs of children, youth, and families and we will do everything we can to fulfill our responsibility in a safe manner.
Update – January 16th, 2021
We continue to take direction and input from our member First Nations and are abiding by their individual COVID-19 safety measures. We are also following directions provided by the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services (MCCSS) and local offices continue to monitor health and safety recommendations put forth by local public health agencies.
- We remain open to take all new child protection concerns, referrals, and/or requests. We are here to help, please call us at 1-844-523-2237.
- Our offices remain closed to the public with the exception of scheduled Sàgìhidig Family Time which continues with enhanced health and safety protocols.
- Prior to any direct contact, all persons will be screened using Public Health Guidelines.
- Staff who visit children, youth and families will be wearing personal protective equipment such as masks, gloves and more.
- Handwashing and sanitizing is mandatory to keep staff safe.
- In addition to in-person services, our services include using phone and online platforms to maintain connections with those we serve and with those with whom we collaborate. This includes our Cultural Services team.
- We are working with families to try and find the best way to connect parents/caregivers with children and youth.
What to tell your children
- Helping Children Cope with Stress During the COVID-19 Outbreak
- Child Friendly Explanation of COVID-19 – English | French
What to do at home
- Face Coverings, Cloth Masks and You
- Internet Safety Guide
- Coronavirus Fact Sheet from the Assembly of First Nations
- How to Wash Your Hands – English | French
- How to Use Hand Sanitizer – English | French
- What You Can Do to Keep Your Family Healthy – English | French
- Talking about COVID-19 with Children (graphics below)