Within our Indigenous cultures, we regard children and youth as sacred gifts from the Creator. Our communities have the collective responsibility to provide care for children. Our volunteer services program promotes giving back and building meaningful connection with members of your community. We are actively looking for new volunteer drivers.
Why Volunteer with Us?
Help support our children, youth, and communities to sustain a strong, healthy, and balanced foundation for life.
- Become more connected to your community;
- Build meaningful relationships;
- Make a positive impact on children and youth’s lives; and
- Reimbursement for mileage.
What can I expect as a volunteer driver?
- Provide children and youth with transportation to and from school, medical appointments, family gatherings, etc.
- Fulfill one-time drive requests or set up reoccurring drive requests that happen on a regular basis.
- Assist in an ongoing plan to provide quality service to children, youth and families who may not have any other means of transportation.
- Support family preservation— every child and youth should have a connection with their biological family. By becoming a driver, you are helping a child and youth foster and maintain relationships with their family.
Commitment and Training
- Flexible scheduling;
- Indigenous Wholistic Practice;
- Car Seat Safety Training;
- COVID Safety Protocol;
- Agency On-Boarding; as well as,
- First Aid and CPR training.
New Vaccination Policy in effect. All volunteers must be fully vaccinated prior to commencing drives with us. Our top priority is the safety and well-being of our volunteers, staff, children, youth, families and communities. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual received a complete series of a COVID-19 vaccine authorized by Health Canada. This will be further reviewed with all volunteers being considered.
We are looking for Volunteer Drivers!
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer driver, fill out the form below or email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.