Who are the Rainbow Warriors?
The Rainbow Warriors is an internal committee comprised of staff members from various roles in our organization—from front line to administration. Their purpose is to ensure wholistic service and supports are being provided to children, youth, families, staff, alternative caregivers, and volunteers who identify on the 2SLGBTQ+ spectrums.
The committee’s work will support Dnaagdawenmag Binnoojiiyag Child & Family Services by reviewing and making improvements (wherever necessary) to our policies, procedures, culture, and services to achieve gender and sexual equity at all levels of our organization. These initiatives will build upon our Values and will be rooted in our cultural knowledge, traditions, ceremonies, and beliefs to ensure the best outcomes for our children, youth, families, staff, alternative caregivers, and volunteers.
The Rainbow Warriors and all those working on behalf of the committee will have the following responsibilities:
- Identify gaps, barriers, and trends in the delivery of services by the Agency that impact the 2SLGBTQ+ communities by reviewing current policies, procedures, and processes.
- Identify traditional and cultural supports that incorporate our values, teachings, ceremonies, and knowledge.
- Promote collaborative working relationships with our partner agencies and organizations to provide wrap-around service approaches.
- Provide an inclusive approach when considering the needs of our staff, children, youth, families, and communities within our jurisdiction.
- Research and implement best practices that improve the service delivery to Indigenous 2SLGBTQ+ individuals.
- Incorporate calls to justice for missing and murdered Indigenous 2SLGBTQ+ women and girls.
- Incorporate calls to end violence against the 2SLGBTQ+ Indigenous community.
- Present recommendations to the Senior Leadership Team as appropriate.