We are a multi-service Indigenous Child Well-Being Agency guided by the Seven Grandfather Teachings to ensure children and youth maintain a strong connection to family, community, and culture. We believe it is our collective responsibility as Indigenous people to care for and protect our children.
Our people are our biggest asset and we believe that building a team that is engaged is essential to ensure the best possible outcomes for children, youth and families. As a member of our team, we offer a supportive work environment that includes:
|Competitive salaries with merit increases in recognition of performance;|
3 weeks’ vacation to start (accrued over a calendar year);
|Paid progressive training and development opportunities, including Indigenous Wholistic Practice;|
|Extended health, dental and vision coverage;|
Life Insurance Plan;
Short term and long term disability coverage;
Ontario Municipal Employee Retirement Systems (OMERS) pension plan with employee and employer shared contributions;
|Quarterly Wholistic Reviews to encourage personal and professional development;|
|Additional paid days to recognize sick time, personal time, other urgent matters and wellness;|
Confidential Employee and Family Assistance Program;
|Strong connection to the communities we serve, paying particular attention to the Regional Protocol which serves to guide how and in which ways we work with each of our member First Nations, Métis communities, and Inuit;|
|Training and opportunity to develop a deeper understanding of the Seven Grandfather Teachings.|
***New Vaccination Policy in effect***
All newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated prior to commencing employment with us, subject to the Duty to Accommodate under the Human Rights Code. Our top priority is the safety and well-being of our staff, children, youth, families and communities. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual received their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine at least two weeks prior. This will be further reviewed with all candidates being considered for a position.
We are committed to an inclusive and barrier-free environment for all of our candidates and employees. Should you, at any time, have an accessibility need or have any questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources by phone at (705) 295-7135 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply
- Download and save a copy of the Application for Employment to your computer;
- Fully complete the Application for Employment form;
- Read through the Job Posting (links below under Current Opportunities) for job-specific details on required documentation to include in your application; and
- Email your entire application package to email@example.com before the closing date included in the Job Posting.
It is highly recommended that you use Adobe Acrobat Reader to complete the Application for Employment form.
Jobs are listed by posting date. New opportunities will appear at the top of the list.
- Student Placements — Various
- NEW - On First Nation Worker — Scugog First Nation, ON
- NEW - Family Service Worker — Sutton, ON
- NEW - Alternative Care Worker — Barrie, ON (2 Positions)
- NEW - Family Service Worker — West Region (Provide family services to all locations within the West Region)
- NEW - Family Service Worker — Tyendinaga, ON or Cobourg, ON
- NEW - Family Service Worker — Alderville First Nation, ON
- NEW - Family Service Worker — Whitby, ON
- Child & Youth Mental Health & Addictions Worker — Moose Deer Point First Nation, ON
- Circle Facilitator — Barrie, ON/Beausoleil First Nation, ON
- Child & Youth Mental Health & Addictions Worker — Beausoleil First Nation, ON
- Family Service Worker — Bancroft, ON
- Family Service Worker — Peterborough, ON
- Cultural Resource Advisor (contract) — Peterborough, ON
- Cultural Services Coordinator for Early Years/E.C.E Professional — Whitby
- Development Officer (Proposal Writing and Fundraising) — Whitby
- Human Trafficking Program - Alternative Care Program Recruitment – Seeking Interested Providers — Durham and York Region Only
- Emergency After Hours (EAH) – Alternative Care Program Recruitment – Seeking Interested Providers — Various locations
- Family Service Worker (contract) — Tyendinaga, ON
- Circle Facilitator — Whitby
- Elder/Knowledge Keeper — Whitby
- Family Service Worker (Future Opportunities) — Cedar Point/Rama First Nation/Barrie/Midland