We are looking for a live-in caregiver with experience working alongside at-risk Indigenous youth.
We are seeking a compassionate and dedicated Community Caregiver to join our anti-human trafficking home for at-risk youth. Working alongside a close knit group of caring professionals, you will be responsible for providing primary care and support to young persons, ensuring their emotional, mental, physical and spiritual needs are met.
As the primary Community Caregiver, you will be supported by Family Support Workers in the home. Family Support Workers will be on a rotation, providing additional coverage.
We are proud to open the first of its kind, an community home for Indigenous young people at-risk or involved in human trafficking. We will support the Community Caregiver and will define our roles and responsibilities to ensure streamlined, open and honest communication.
- Maintain a loving, supportive and inclusive household
- Provide young persons with a sense of routine and normalcy
- Assist young persons with daily living activities and building life skills such as cooking, cleaning, and personal hygiene
- Collaborate with other members of our team, including family support staff, social workers, therapists, and medical professionals, to ensure that the needs of our young people are met
- Monitor and maintain accurate and up-to-date records of progress and interventions of young persons living at the home
- Communicate effectively with youth, their families, community members, colleagues and partners
- Our organization, including the Anti-Human Trafficking home, are inclusive spaces
- Strong cultural and community connection is considered an asset
- Preference will be given to those with lived experience and to those with experience working with at-risk Indigenous youth and/or human trafficking survivors
While we must undertake a rigorous and comprehensive approach to screening caregivers, we promise to be with you every step of the way. We are committed to reducing barriers wherever possible, streamlining processes, and walking alongside you in your journey to becoming a caregiver.
How to Apply
Ready to become a specialized caregiver? Call us at 1 (705) 295-7135, press 2 to reach our Alternative Care team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
This symbol represents our commitment to achieve gender and sexual equity at all levels of our organization. Read more about our commitment here.
What current community care home workers have to say.
I am honoured to spend most days working alongside other likeminded individuals to provide a safe, loving and supportive space for youth who need and deserve it. While our roles may be difficult and pose a number of different challenges, making even the slightest difference in the lives of our youth makes it all worth it. – Rebecca T., Family Support Worker